Saturday, May 15, 2010

Wahoo!

After three years of long school hours and no vacations, I finally graduated today! Praise the Lord! Here is a picture of me after the ceremony with the girls. EG was not happy - she was hungry and tired, especially after a 3 hour graduation ceremony!

I was terrified. I worried all week because I knew that I would be the first one of the doctoral cohort to graduate. This morning I figured out that I was first. I mean first, FIRST. In the entire university. Out of 1200 graduates. I was the first one to walk across the stage. I just prayed that I wouldn't trip, fall, or faint! I made it. It was a great day!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great accomplishment! An congrats on being FIRST!

Holly / InkPaperStamps said...

Heather, you're always #1 in our book! Lovely picture of you and your daughters. . . .

Yapha said...

Congratulations!!!!

Dawnmarie's Life said...

Congratulations! I hope that you hold on to this feeling and savor it for the next week!

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

Congratulations Dr. Heather Carnes!
I'm so happy for you. After an incredible amount of work you've made it to the goal line - and crossing it first had to be a wow worth scrapping - hopefully you had someone taking lots of pictures.

My Dad was a Graduate School Chairman and I watched many a candidate try, succed and sometimes fail and the amount of work involved for each was really something to see. You seem to have managed it with grace as well as endurance and no doubt your family is terrifically proud of you right now. So are your loyal readers!

Enjoy your triumph - you've earned it! And then you can catch of on the sleep you've been missing for the next hundred years if needed.....LoL!

grandmalee said...

Congratulations on this major accomplishment!!!! WOW! You have so many fires in the iron that there wasn't any room left for more! You should be so proud of your accomplishment!Pat yourself on the back from us!!!!

Debadoo said...

congrats Heather!! That's such an amazing accomplishment.
Hugs Hugs
Debadoo
Deb B.

debadoo said...

woops, that should have read, Huge hugs. lol

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!

Lucy Locket