Monday, May 3, 2010

Blog Hop Thanks and the bookmark

I want to thank everyone who visited my blog over the weekend. If you subscribed to my blog or became a follower, thank you so much! You are awesome and I hope I can satisfy your daily blog surfing. I hope I have inspired your use of this stamp set. I'd love to see what you create.

Today I'm going to give you a few tips about the bookmark. The bookmark is pretty simple and straight-forward. I really followed the recipe in IBC just changing the colors. I did not like a button on it, so I left that off. I did add the row of apples stamp in bashful blue as a tone-on-tone accent at the bottom.

Supplies used for the bookmark:
Bashful blue cardstock (#105120, $5.50)
Real red cardstock (#102482, $5.50)
Whisper white cardstock (#100730, $7.50)
Basic black cardstock (#102851, $7.50)
Scallop edge punch (#112091, $15.95)
1/16" Circle punch (#101227, $8.95)
Horizontal slot punch (#105089, $5.95)
1" Double stitched ribbon, real red (#115607, $8.95)
Black Stazon ink pad
Green galore ink pad
Real red ink pad
Bashful blue ink pad
Blender pens

I chose these inks because they matched my project. The great thing about Stampin' Up! is that you can color coordinate your paper and inks on all projects! Many of the colors have matching accessories - brads, eyelets, and (my favorite!) ribbons! To color in my images, I squeezed the ink pads (when they were shut) and then flipped open the lid. Don't slide the lid underneath. By squeezing the ink pad, you deposited a little bit of ink on the upper inside of the lid. Use your blender pen to collect a little ink. Try it out before touching your image - you may need more or less to achieve the color and gradation you want. Then, color your image as you desire. This allows you to create shades of a color and add a gradation to increase the perception of depth. Have fun with your coloring. Be sure to post a link back in a comment for me to see what you created!

If you have a demonstrator, I'm sure she (or he!) can help you with this technique. If you don't have a demonstrator who is meeting your crafting needs, I would be honored to help you create. Thanks for looking!

No comments: